Welcome to our most poisonous mushrooms page. Mushroom poisoning is usually the end result of consuming unknown toxic mushrooms. Mushroom poisoning often causes small effects in the body, sometimes leading to fatal damages. How do we know if the mushroom we find in nature is poisoned or not? The most common types of poisonous mushrooms known in the world are listed below.
Fly Agaric ( Amanita muscaria )
Amanita muscaria, commonly known as the Fly Agaric or toadstool. Fly Agaric usually have a bright red or orange coloured cap. The mushroom is given the name fly agaric because of its age-old use in Europe as a fly killer. Fly agaric causes very rare death results. Fly agaric can cause dizziness, nausea, tiredness, a feeling of weightlessness, visual and auditory hypersensitivity and coloured hallucinations. When Fly Agaric is consumed, it acts as a kind of drug. The symptoms start after 20–30 minutes and usually end within 2 hours. Since it is a species of mushroom that can adapt to any kind of environment, it grows widely all over the world.
Panther Cap (Amanita pantherina)
Amanita pantherina, commonly known as the panther cap and false blusher. Panther caps usually have a speckled brown cap.Panther caps are a highly poisonous fungus species and can often cause fatal outcomes when ingested. Panther Caps can cause anger, confusion, delusions, illusions, hallucinations, agitation and violent behaviours few hours after consuming. Panther caps taste similar to raw potatoes. Panther cap begins to grow from spring, especially in dense forested areas of oak and beech trees. It is one of the most poisonous mushroom species on earth.
The Death Cap (Amanita phalloides)
Amanita phalloides commonly known as the death cap. It’s the most poisonous mushroom in the world. When the death cap consumed, there are no symptoms for at least six to 24 hours. Eventually suffer from abdominal cramps, vomiting, and severely dehydrating diarrhoea. This delay means symptoms might not be associated with mushrooms and may be diagnosed with a more being illness like stomach flu. To make matters worse, if the patient is hydrated, symptoms may lessen and will enter the so-called honeymoon phase. Meanwhile, the poison stealthily destroys the liver. It binds to and disables an enzyme responsible for making new proteins. Without this enzyme, cells cannot function, and liver failure results. Without proper, prompt treatment, the victim can experience rapid organ failure, coma, and death…
Thank you for visiting our Most Poisonous Mushrooms page.
Most of those who visit this page also visited; How to Grow Mushrooms at Home? and Mushroom Recipes pages. You can find more photos of most poisonous mushroom on our facebook and Instagram pages. If there is any suggestion, change or opinion regarding the translation of this page, please contact us. Thank you for your understanding.